Who We Are
HowAboutWe is the modern love company. We help people fall in love and stay in love.
We're a well-funded ($18.5mm), rapidly-growing startup with headquarters in Brooklyn, NY. We build breathtaking products that transform people’s lives. You can read more about us here.
We have three main products:
- HowAboutWe Dating is the offline dating site. Members post date ideas, connect, and meet - offline.
- HowAboutWe for Couples helps couples have wonderful experiences together. Members choose from our curated collection of one-of-a-kind experiences for two; we take care of all the booking. It’s the must-have membership for the modern couple.
- The Date Report provides engaging, entertaining and enlightening content about dating and relationships.
HowAboutWe has a killer blog, the Date Report, which covers modern dating, love, sex and relationships in a smart, fun, frank, down-to-earth way. You'll help the Date Report thrive by pitching and writing 3-5 blog posts/day, as well as assisting with other tasks as needed (such as research, social media outreach, partnership projects, etc)
Every morning, you'll have a number of story ideas to pitch. These ideas will include stories:
- You've read about on other sites that we should cover: http://bit.ly/JwlJKA, http://bit.ly/ICjWj0
- That "bounce" off of something in the news: http://bit.ly/Joc2cc, http://bit.ly/I7HnDT
- With a seasonal/timely hook: http://bit.ly/I9b8Vw
- That are evergreen: http://bit.ly/ID72kz, http://bit.ly/I7my8I
- Based on your personal experience (if you're comfortable with that), or something your friends were talking about at happy hour: http://bit.ly/ID3dMr, http://bit.ly/IaOYAo
Your skills and qualifications:
- You're a rising college junior or senior (or recent grad).
- You're a fast, skilled writer.
- You have experience blogging and using social media.
- You know basic html and have basic reporting skills.
- You're addicted to a number of blogs, and you're ready to become addicted to even more.
- You have a good sense of editorial judgment, and are able to pick up our tone quickly.
Details and compensation:
- Full-time applicants are preferred, but part-time applicants will be considered (minimum 20 hours/wk).
- School credit is available, but not required.
- You'll be reimbursed for transportation.
- We also have a fully stocked fridge and pantry, so you'll never have to buy lunch, snacks or drinks.
Please spend some time familiarizing yourself with http://howaboutwe.com/date-report
Then, please send the following to Michelle Dozois (editor of the Date Report) at email@example.com:
- A brief note explaining your qualifications and why you're excited about the position, including links to your twitter handle and personal blog (and/or blogs you contribute to).
- Your resume.
- 3 to 5 pieces of writing you're proud of. (These can be attachments or links; links must be to specific stories, not just to your entire portfolio.)
- 3 sample headlines (just headlines!) of posts you think would be great for the blog, based on the story types listed above.
To apply please first check out our site and make sure you love our work and want to contribute to it. Then please send a resume and cover letter to Michelle Dozois (editor of the Date Report) at firstname.lastname@example.org.